PR Medical Events are a team of multi-cultural, passionate, and creative event professionals who understand the value of brand equity providing Quality Group Travel Services to Worldwide Medical Congresses.
About PR Medical Events
PR Medical Events, is a fast-growing agency providing accommodation and group travel and logistical solutions for worldwide medical congresses and conferences.
Our professional relationships with reliable partners, suppliers, agencies, and hotels, allow us to provide pharmaceutical companies, doctors, pharmacists, agencies, and business delegates full destination management services.
We understand that your event must be considered a success by any measure and we manage every detail to provide unforgettable experiences.
PRM maintains a strong position as a “provider of choice” by orchestrating events flawlessly and ensuring our client objectives are met in a profitable and memorable way.
We understand our clientele’s needs, that is why every single group has dedicated coordinators that can be reached at any time, before and on-site, to ensure that any of your queries and all of our services are delivered in the personal and professional manner which set us apart.
IFPMA, EFPIA and PhRMA have updated their joint guidance for virtual medical society meetings
More very welcome guidance upgraded since the 2020 issue now including Hybrid meetings which are expected, by industry and societies, to be the dominant form of “congress” moving forward.
What caught our eye?
1. The new (ish) IFPMA ethos was reinforced in the document. Why do we think this is important? Well, the Ethos outlines a code based not solely on rules but one framed in; integrity, values and principles. The result? more subjective decision making o identify is something the right thing to do! If your organisation has not already defined how this impacts the part you play in the creation and planning of meetings and ensured your teams are ready then you’re behind the game …
2. Guidance is applied to international meetings, defined as medical associations/societies involving HCPs from multiple countries. National meetings are not “in-scope” we tend to use the Congress Vetting System (CVS) criteria when determining what is a national and international medical society meeting.
3. The code (international, regional or national) still applies even if they were written with in-person meetings in mind. Note sections on an events educational value, medicine promotion, certification (see ABPI clause 8 to see how the UK handles this), destination and venue selection in the case of in-person formats as a few examples of how to still apply the code. Reminder, every meeting supported by industry must include a written rationale outlining the reason industry is supporting a meeting in the rush to plan the tactic this can be overlooked.
4. The route to apply the right code and label to a meeting has been strengthened, reminding industry not to rely on medical societies / congresses to determine the applicable code to a meeting but to take that into their own hands. This is another reason why there should be a stronger link during planning between medical societies, industry and PCO’s pooling knowledge and communicating as a collective how the code applies to meetings.
MedTech Europe and EFPIA merge medical society congress vetting / assessment platforms
events One of the significant features of healthcare and life science regulation is the need of those business partners, not directly guided by the code, to recognise that the code in a collateral way may impact them.
One such example is the vetting or assessment of independent Medical Society congress activities using metrics derived from the code.
For a number of years congresses have been vetted or assessed if you prefer, via independent solutions and platforms by both European trade / industry / regulatory bodies.
Medical devices – MedTech Europe, Platform: CVS
Healthcare and life sciences (pharma) – EFPIA, Platform: e4ethics
Criteria differed between both organisations with some common threads.
Since 01 January 2022
The MedTech Europe (cvs) and EFPIA (e4ethics) platforms have now merged to be focus applications through the MedTech Europe platform.
So, what does this mean in more tangible terms?
- Both platforms operate independently from EFPIA and MedTech Europe, via a common Compliance team, to ensure objectivity and independence in conference assessments.
- e4ethics is aligned with the CVS criteria and approach, including the online proactive submissions by companies or congress organisers (Professional Congress Organisers as well as scientific societies).
- The submission procedure and appeal process is identical for both systems.
The type of Events qualifying for review will remain different
- For Events assessed under e4ethics, only those that qualify as major international Events taking place in the countries within the scope of the EFPIA Code, (Europe) will be reviewed. Events in which Healthcare Professionals coming from more than 5 countries may take part and which are expected to attract a significant number of participants (at least 500), will be considered (that means meetings outside Europe too) .
On the other hand, within the CVS, international Events need to be reviewed when they are taking place within the MedTech Europe geographical scope. This includes:
- Events attended by delegates coming from at least two countries of MedTech Europe geographical scope; and
- Events taking place outside the MedTech Europe geographic area, attended by delegates who are HCPs registered and practicing in the MedTech geographical area.
How do I learn more about the vetting / assessment solutions?
Information on MedTech Europe, CVS approach: Link
Information on EFPA, e4ethics approach: Link
Note: the comments within this bog post are those of 3Sity Event Consulting – we recommend viewing the links provided before using this information to execute any business decisions.
efpia: THRESHOLDS FOR MEALS & DRINKS
Where can you find over 130 blog posts, articles, opinion pieces, and help materials from 3Sixty and Healthcare Venues?
The answer … regrettably, still on the old Healthcare Venues site. We are in the process of transferring and updating this content over the coming weeks to migrate to the new site.
It will take us a little time.
We are not lazy, just ready for rest, relaxation, and good company over the holiday period.
While we do this please take a peek here hopefully there may be something of interest there to inspire you to create your own content.
If we can help, let us know.