MedTech Europe and EFPIA merge medical society congress vetting / assessment platforms
events One of the significant features of healthcare and life science regulation is the need of those business partners, not directly guided by the code, to recognise that the code in a collateral way may impact them.
One such example is the vetting or assessment of independent Medical Society congress activities using metrics derived from the code.
For a number of years congresses have been vetted or assessed if you prefer, via independent solutions and platforms by both European trade / industry / regulatory bodies.
Medical devices – MedTech Europe, Platform: CVS
Healthcare and life sciences (pharma) – EFPIA, Platform: e4ethics
Criteria differed between both organisations with some common threads.
Since 01 January 2022
The MedTech Europe (cvs) and EFPIA (e4ethics) platforms have now merged to be focus applications through the MedTech Europe platform.
MedTech Europe Application Website
So, what does this mean in more tangible terms?
- Both platforms operate independently from EFPIA and MedTech Europe, via a common Compliance team, to ensure objectivity and independence in conference assessments.
- e4ethics is aligned with the CVS criteria and approach, including the online proactive submissions by companies or congress organisers (Professional Congress Organisers as well as scientific societies).
- The submission procedure and appeal process is identical for both systems.
The type of Events qualifying for review will remain different
- For Events assessed under e4ethics, only those that qualify as major international Events taking place in the countries within the scope of the EFPIA Code, (Europe) will be reviewed. Events in which Healthcare Professionals coming from more than 5 countries may take part and which are expected to attract a significant number of participants (at least 500), will be considered (that means meetings outside Europe too) .
On the other hand, within the CVS, international Events need to be reviewed when they are taking place within the MedTech Europe geographical scope. This includes:
- Events attended by delegates coming from at least two countries of MedTech Europe geographical scope; and
- Events taking place outside the MedTech Europe geographic area, attended by delegates who are HCPs registered and practicing in the MedTech geographical area.
How do I learn more about the vetting / assessment solutions?
Information on MedTech Europe, CVS approach: Link
Information on EFPA, e4ethics approach: Link
Note: the comments within this bog post are those of 3Sity Event Consulting – we recommend viewing the links provided before using this information to execute any business decisions.